Audition Coaching Session with Taylor Williams, CSA
Enjoy an audition coaching session over Zoom with New York-based Casting Director for theatre, film, and television, Taylor Williams, CSA! (Experience expires on Dec 17, 2021.)
New York Theatre Workshop’s resident Casting Director Taylor Williams is a passionate advocate for actors and is dedicated to fostering a kind, supportive space in every audition room. Whether you’re new to the business, have been working for years, are considering grad school, or anywhere in between, Taylor will help you refine your audition technique (including tips for self-taping and Zoom auditions). She’ll share valuable industry insight tailored to your interests and goals, and shed light on the art of casting.
- Valid for 1 person.
- Duration: 1 hour.
- Zoom call must be scheduled at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Participants can join the Zoom call from separate locations.
- Photos are not allowed.
- Sharing of login information is forbidden and can result in cancellation of the experience.
- Recording, screen grabs, or distribution of the session is strictly prohibited unless otherwise approved by the donor.
- Please note: This experience does not guarantee hire.
- Experience cannot be resold or re-auctioned.
- Blackout dates may apply.
- We expect all winning bidders and their guests to conduct themselves appropriately when attending. Polite manners and respect for the director and adherence to any rules or parameters are a must.
- To be scheduled at a mutually agreed upon date, based on the director's availability.
- Expires in one year (April 24, 2022)
Taylor Williams, CSA: Film: What the Constitution Means to Me (Amazon Prime). Broadway: Jeremy O. Harris’ Slave Play (NYTW, Broadway, Slave Play received 12 Tony Nominations) and What the Constitution Means to Me (NYTW, Barrow Street, Broadway, National Tour). TV Movie: amfAR’s The Great Work Begins featuring scenes from Tony Kushner’s Angels in America. TV: Casting Assistant on Season 1 of Katori Hall’s P-Valley for Starz. Taylor is the resident casting director at New York Theatre Workshop and Page 73 Productions. She has cast various productions in NYC and around the country. Theaters she has worked at include Soho Rep, Rattlestick, Theatre for a New Audience, Two River Theater, Fisher Center at Bard, Shakespeare Theatre (DC), Studio Theatre (DC), Arena Stage, Berkeley Rep, Seattle Rep, Actors Theatre of Louisville. Notable productions outside of NYTW include Whitney White’s The Amen Corner (Shakespeare Theatre, DC), Daniel Fish’s Oklahoma! (Fisher Center at Bard and upcoming National Tour), Aleshea Harris’ Is God Is (Soho Rep ), Clare Barron’s You Got Older (Page 73), Lucas Hnath’s The Thin Place (Humana Festival, ATL). Upcoming: Whitney White’s production of The Crucible (Shakespeare Theatre), Daniel Fish’s new musical project (Fisher Center at Bard), Sam Gold’s Three Sisters. Taylor teaches audition technique at NYU Tisch School of the Arts.